Happy Holidays! You may or may not know how I feel about dairy. Goat and
sheep dairy are easier to digest because they do not contain Casein as popularly
consumed cow diary does.
Casein is a protein that slows down digestion in your gut, but also acts as glue in the
intestines. This can trigger an immune response causing your body to produce excess
mucus. The mucus then gums up your respiratory and digestive systems.
Since Goat and Sheep milk don’t contain this protein they are much less mucus
If you can get your hands on raw sheep or goats cheese even better because the raw
dairy still contains its live enzymes which aid in digestion. Therefore, raw
Goat and Sheep dairy are the best possible sources of dairy for humans after infancy.
So in light of dairy’s immunosuppressant qualities I bring you a delicious substitute
to use over the holidays: Raw Vegan Cashew Garlic Aioli completely vegan and
This recipe is thick and creamy like a traditional Mayo Aioli, making it great for
dipping or as a sauce to use as a garnish for savory dishes such as soups and lettuce
It’s easy as heck to make and so tasty that even my steak and popcorn loving
father-in-law confessed a reluctant “yummm” after trying it.
Raw Vegan Cashew Garlic Aioli
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews Soaked for 8 hours
- 2 Cloves Garlic Roasted or Raw
- 5 T Olive oil
- 1/4 C Water
- ½ t Onion Powder
- ¾ t Sea Salt
- 1 T +1t Nutritional Yeast
- 1 T + 1t Rice Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Slice garlic through the middle drizzle with olive oil salt and pepper, wrap in tinfoil and bake for 25 minutes or until garlic is soft. Pop out two cloves and save the rest.
- In a Vitamix, blend all of the ingredients together until smooth. Add extra water, one tablespoon at a time if the Aoli is too thick to blend.