- 1 1/2 C Roasted Carrots 1 pound peeled
- 1 1/2 C Chickpeas prepared and soaked or one 15 oz can
- 1/4 C Olive Oil cold pressed
- 1/2 C Water
- 1/4 C Mellow White Miso chick pea miso if you are avoiding soy
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice optional
- 1 T Peruvian Spice Blend
Preheat oven to 400-F. Arrange carrots on a baking sheet and coat with oil or butter. Season with salt and pepper and bake until soft and slightly golden (40 minutes).
Remove the carrots from the oven. Peel off any burnt parts and mash with a fork
In a food processor combine all ingredients. Combine until emulsified. Enjoy!
- This recipe is easy to make and makes a lot! Three cups! So it will last you a while.
- I like to serve it on top of salads or as an appetizer with sliced vegetables and olives.
- You can also load the carrot hummus up onto a romaine lettuce leaf with some avocado and enjoy it like a raw taco.
- This will stay fresh in the fridge for 8 days.
Serving: 8oz | Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 257mg | Fiber: 6.1g | Calcium: 27mg