🧂Peruvian Spice Blend
- 1/4 C Paprika
- 1 1/2 T Cumin
- 1 1/2 T Mustard Powder
- 1 tbsp Sea salt
- 1 T Fennel Seed or ground
🍽 For the Salmon
- 4 C Warm Water
- 1/2 C Kosher Sea Salt
- 1 lb Salmon sliced into 6 filets
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp Butter optional
🥘 Oven Baked Salmon with Peruvian Spices
🥣Make the Salt Brine: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In an electric kettle heat four cups of water to about 110 degrees. In a large bowl combine water and salt. Stir until the salt is desolved. Place the salmon in the bowl for 15 minutes.
🌶 Make the Spice Blend: While the salmon is marinating combine all spices into a spice grinder. Pulse until the spices are ground. Transfer to an airtight container.
🔥Remove the salmon from the brine and rinse. Place it on an oven safe platter and cover generously with the spice blend. To make the salmon extra juicy, you can add a bit of lemon juice and a pad of butter on top before placing it in the oven. 🔥 Bake for 25 minutes and enjoy!
- If you don't have a spice grinder just use ground fennel instead of fennel seed. Simply place the spices in a container and shake it to mix.
- Freeze: This salmon dish will freeze up to 3 months.
- Kosher Salt is the best for salt brining but you can use what ever you have on hand. 🤚
Serving: 1filet | Calories: 100kcal | Protein: 14.7g | Fat: 4.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.7g | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 291mg | Fiber: 1g | Iron: 1mg