- 2 T Safflower, Coconut, or Almond Oil you can also use butter for non vegan version
- 4 Shallots finely diced
- 1 lb Crimini Mushrooms wasthed, stems removed and sliced, or two boxes of pre sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 C Sherry Wine any wine you have on hand will do
- 1/4 C Oat, Almond Flour All purpose flour is fine too if you are not making this recipe gluten free
- 4 C Low Sodium Vegetable Stock or water if you don't have stock
- pinch Black Pepper
🥣For the Mushroom Soup
In a one gallon soup pot heat oil or butter on a medium flame. Once the oil starts to shimmer, add the shallots, mushrooms and salt to the pot. Sweat for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Add sherry wine and continue to saute until the pot is almost dry. (Add in the flour and stir for another five minutes (optional)).
pour the vegetable stock into the pot while whisking the the vegetables and broth. Raise the heat to High until the soup begins to boil. Once boiling reduce the heat to low medium and let the soup simmer, with the lid ajar, for 30 minutes.
Puree soup in a blender until creamy. If you are using a vitamix ladle the soup into the blender only half way. Cover the lid with a dish towel and slowly turn the blender up to the highest setting. Repeat until all of the soup is blended. Return to the pot to reheat and add fresh pepper.
How to Prevent Yourself From Getting Burned While Blending Hot Liquids in a Blender.
- Always make sure to make sure the lid of the blender is tightly secured. Always place a dish towel over the top of the blender. This will catch any hot liquid so that you don't get burned.
- Turn the blender's speed up slowly from the lowest setting to the highest. This will prevent the soup from creating a vacuum in the blender. If a vacuum is formed the soup could explode out of the blender. Resulting in burns and a mess.
Serving: 8oz | Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4.3g | Fat: 7.3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 253mg | Potassium: 650mg | Fiber: 0.9g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg