Curried Carrot and Ginger Soup with Sweet Potato
This vegan, gluten free soup is made with carrots sweet potatoes and fresh aromatics like ginger. It's the perfect combo of sweet and spicy. Detox friendly.
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Ginger peeled and chopped
- 1.5 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 1/2 C Carrots (1 pound or 5 medium sized carrots) peeled and chopped
- 1 C Sweet Potato (1 large) peeled and chopped
- 1 Apple chopped (optional)
- 4 C Vegetable Stock 1 box
- 1 Can Coconut Milk light coconut milk also works
- 1/4 tsp Cayanne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice (optional) brightens soup
Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and season with salt. Saute until translucent. Next add the garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon and salt. Allow spices to bloom for 1 minute.
Add the carrots, sweet potatoes, apple and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and then allow to simmer with the lid ajar over medium low heat for 15-20 minutes. Until the carrots are cooked through.
Blend until smooth. Stir in the coconut milk, apple cider vinegar and cayanne pepper. Enjoy!
*In the fridge the soup will stay good for 7 days
*In the Freezer the soup will stay good for 6 months.
See post for ingredient substitutions and detailed instructions.