I might be a behind on the times when it comes to what is trending in the culinary world… But I’ve recently discovered Mini Frittatas! These are shrunken down frittatas that have been made in a cupcake tin (instead of in a skillet).
Upon visiting my friend Elyse, I was delighted by the presence of these delicious mini treats! They were delicious and the perfect portion size. I especially like the idea of using the cupcake tin to make frittatas for portion control, and grab and go convenience for children! They also make a fun breakfast hors d’oeuvre for parties.
Elyse assured me that the frittatas freeze well, and are easily defrosted. She likes to give them to her son Jack when they are running out the door in the morning. I myself have enjoyed serving them to adults alongside a salad.
Elyse is a health supportive chef who also graduated from the Natural Gourmet Institute. She currently services clients in the New York and New Jersey areas doing anything from meal prep, catering and teaching! She is amazing! If you want to learn more about her Click Here.
Mini Frittatas with Lacinato Kale and Leeks
- 1.5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Lacinato Kale roughly chopped
- 1 Leek white section only thinly sliced
- 8 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Non-stick Coconut Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 365. Warm Olive Oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Once Oil is hot, add the leeks and salt. Saute until tender. Lower the heat to medium add kale and black pepper. Cook covered for 5 minutes or until the kale is wilted, then allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the Kale and Leeks to the Eggs.
- Coat a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Place about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the egg mixture
- into each muffin cup, bake just until the center of each fritatta sets and the edges are lightly golden, about 10 minutes.