Eating out at a restaurant with a menu as large as the one at Outback Steakhouse is overwhelming if you’re on a low carb diet. Check out this quick menu guide where I show you all of the low carb options at Outback.
I’ve listed the sides, breakfasts, meats, steaks, alcoholic beverages and non alcoholic drinks with the amount of grams of carbs each one has.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you. See my Affiliate Disclosure to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Table of Contents
- What’s Low Carb at Outback Steakhouse?
- What is Outback Known For?
- Nutritionist’s Tips for Eating Low Carb at Outback Steakhouse
- Low Carb Options at Outback to Enjoy
- Outback Steakhouse Aussie-Tizzers
- Soups Salads and Side Salads
- Outback Low Carb Salad Dressing Options
- Low Carb Big Bowl Salads at Outback
- “So Many Ways to Steak” Low Carb Outback Options
- Low Carb Options at Outback Steakhouse’s “Plus it Up” Menu
- Low Carb Options at Outback Steak n’ Mate Combos
- Steakhouse Potatoes and Sides Low Carb Items
- Low Carb Options from the “Not Steaks” Menu Section
- Low Carb Options from the Kid’s Menu “Joey Menu”
- Low Carb Options At Outback Steakhouse Airport Menu
- Low Carb Drink Options at Outback Steakhouse
- Avoid These Menu Items at Outback If You’re On Low Carb
- Can You Have Outback Kookaburra Wings On Keto?
- How Many Calories Are in an Outback Chicken Caesar Salad?
- How Many Carbs Are in Outback Caesar Dressing?
- How Many Carbs Are in Outback Side Salad?
- What’s Gluten Free at Outback Steakhouse?
What’s Low Carb at Outback Steakhouse?
There are lot’s of keto menu guides for Outback Steakhouse on the internet. But I had trouble finding menu guides that were specifically geared towards a low carb diet.
Many people think that a low carb diet and that a keto diet are the same thing. However, there is a difference between keto and low carb diets. So naturally the menu options for both will be slightly different.
Almost everything you can eat on a keto diet is low in carbohydrates. However not everything on a low carb diet is keto friendly. A keto diet is more strict then low carb because not only are you limiting your carbohydrate intake, but you are also minimizing protein and maximizing fat macros.
By doing this, you cannot simply order a large piece of meat and stay on a keto diet. You won’t meet your fat macros and you’ll sail right over your daily recommended intake of protein.
So let’s jump into the best guide for low carb at Outback!
What is Outback Known For?
Outback Steakhouse is a popular chain restaurant located across the United States. The first location opened in Tampa Florida in 1988. Outback Steakhouse is known for its Australian inspired BBQ that Americans can enjoy without taking the long journey to the continent of Australia.
Outback Steakhouse was founded by a group of Americans who’ve never even been to Australia. They were first inspired by, “Crocodile Dundee,” an Australian entertainer who used to wrestle crocodiles on TV.
Some of the most popular menu items that Outback is known for include their steaks and signature blooming onion.
Outback Steakhouse’s Signature Blooming Onion
The blooming onion is grown by about 15 farmers “take care of our Blooms grown in Idaho, Oregon, Texas and California. The Bloomin’ Onion® is a colossal onion with a 4.25” diameter that weighs approximately 1.24 lbs. raw and 1 lb. cooked” as stated on the Outback Steakhouse website.
Nutritionist’s Tips for Eating Low Carb at Outback Steakhouse
Luckily there are tons of ways to order low carb from Outback Steakhouse. Other than cherry picking your favorite menu items from the lists below, here are a few tips.
- Order the meat dry, without sauce.
- Order lean protein from the steak section like the Sirloin which has zero grams of carbs no matter what size steak you order.
- For low carb seafood options you can order Barbie or BBQ seafood like the grilled salmon, shrimp on the Barbie, ahi tuna or lobster tails.
- Order low carb veggie sides like the broccoli asparagus or green beans.
- Add more fiber to your diet by adding a salad or soup. All of the soups and salads at Outback are keto friendly aside from the loaded baked potato soup.
- Ask the waiter to bring fresh lemon to squeeze onto your protein for added flavor.
- Anything with Alice springs chicken is safe to order and low carb.
- Stay away from the alcohol unless it’s a low carb beer or cocktail listed below.
- Stay away from the pasta dishes like lobster Mac and cheese.
- If you order a burger ask for the server to bring it over a bed of greens instead of on a bun.
Low Carb Options at Outback to Enjoy
I’ve gone through the 16 page PDF containing all of Outback Steakhouse’s menu item nutrition information and pulled out the lowest carb options.
Outback Steakhouse Aussie-Tizzers
- Grilled Shrimp On The Barbie has 29 carbs
- Seared Peppered Ahi has 30 carbs
Soups Salads and Side Salads
- Baked potato soup 17 carbs per cup
- Baked potato soup 30 carbs per bowl
- Broccoli Soup has 10 carbs per cup and 21 carbs per bowl
- Creamy Onion Soup has 10 carbs per cup and 23 per bowl
- Tasmanian Chili Cup has 7 carbs per serving
- Tasmanian Chili Crock has 13 grams of carbs per serving
- Blue Cheese Pecan Chop Salad with Dressing has 27 grams of carbs
- Strawberry Side Salad with Dressing 21 carbs per serving
- House Salad with No Dressing has 8 grams of carbs
- Caesar Salad with Dressing has 7 grams of carbs
- Blue Cheese Wedge Salad has 11 grams of carbs
- Blue Cheese Salad with 6oz Serloin Steak has 6 grams of carbs
Outback Low Carb Salad Dressing Options
- Blue Cheese Vinaigrette 8 grams of carbs
- Caesar Dressing 2 grams of carbs
- Honey Mustard Dressing 11 grams of carbs
- Light Balsamic Dressing 8 grams of carbs
- Honey Mustard vinaigrette 4 grams of carbs
- Mustard Vinaigrette 4 grams of carbs
- Ranch Dressing 1 grams of carbs
- Tangy Tomato Dressing 17 grams of carbs
- Thousand Island Dressing 6 grams of carbs
Low Carb Big Bowl Salads at Outback
The big bowl salads are a great way to get tons of fresh veggies, lean protein and some healthy fat into your diet. Here are the best low carb big bowl salads to order at Outback Steakhouse.
- Aussie Cob Salad with Grilled Chicken without dressing has 29 grams of carbs
- Brisbane Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken has 28 grams of carbs
- Brisbane Caesar Salad with Grilled Shrimp has only 29 grams of carbs
“So Many Ways to Steak” Low Carb Outback Options
- Victoria’s Filet Mignon 6 oz 1 gram of carbs
- Victoria’s Filet Mignon 8 oz 1 gram of carbs
- Victoria’s Filet Mignon 9 oz (Regional) 1 gram of carbs
- Victoria’s Filet Mignon 11 oz (Regional) 1 gram of carbs
- Outback Center Cut Sirloin 5 oz (Regional) 0 grams of carbs
- Outback Center-Cut Sirloin 6 oz 1 gram of carbs
- Outback Center Cut Sirloin 8 oz 1 gram of carbs
- Outback Center Cut Sirloin 9oz (Regional) 1 gram of carbs
- Outback Center-Cut Sirloin 11 oz 1 gram of carbs
- Outback Center Cut Sirloin 12oz (Regional) 1 grams of carbs
- Ribeye 12 oz 1 grams of carbs 1 grams of carbs
- Ribeye 15 oz 1 grams of carbs 1 grams of carbs
- Classic Prime Rib 12 oz 0 grams of carbs
- Cliassic Prime Rib 16 oz 0 grams of carbs
- Classic Prime Rib 24 oz 0 grams of carbs
- Outback-Style Prime Rib w/au jus and creamy horseradish 12 oz Outback-Style 9 grams of carbs
- Prime Rib w/au jus and creamy horseradish 16 oz 9 grams of carbs
- Bone In Ribeye 18 oz 3 grams of carbs
- Prime NY Strip 16 oz 0 grams of carbs
- Melbourne Porterhouse 2 1 gram of carbs
Low Carb Options at Outback Steakhouse’s “Plus it Up” Menu
- Add on 4 oz Lobster Tail 3 grams of carbs
- Add on Toowoomba topping 7 grams of carbs
- Add on Roasted Garlic Topping 2 grams of carbs
- Add on Sauteed Shrooms 10 grams of carbs
- Grilled Onions 17 grams of carbs
- Peppercorn Sauce (Regional) 3 grams of carbs
Low Carb Options at Outback Steak n’ Mate Combos
The steak and mate combos are basically a combination of the “So many ways to steak” menu and regular meat and seafood menu. This section generally has way more carbs than the steak section but there are still a few items you can order.
- Sirloin 11 oz and 5 oz Grilled Chicken has 13 grams of carbs
- Sirloin 11 oz and 5 oz Alice Springs Chicken has 12 grams of carbs
- 5 ounce Sirloin and 1/3rd Rack of Ribs has 18 grams of carbs
- 6 oz Sirloin and 1/3 Rack of Ribs has 18 grams of carbs
- Sirloin 8 oz and 1/3 Rack of Ribs has 18 grams of carbs
- Sirloin 9 oz and 1/3 rack of ribs has 18 grams of carbs
- Sirloin and Grilled Chicken Combos all have 12-13 grams of carbs
- 9 oz Sirloin and 5 oz grilled chicken On the Barbie has 11 grams of carbs
- Sirloin and Alice Springs Chicken has 11-12 grams of carbs depending on the order size
- Fillet and Lobster combination has only 3-4 grams of carbs
Steakhouse Potatoes and Sides Low Carb Items
- Fresh Mixed Veggies has 13 grams of carbs
- Broccoli has 8 grams of carbs
- Green Beans has 9 grams of carbs
- Asparagus has 4 grams of carbs
Low Carb Options from the “Not Steaks” Menu Section
- Outback Ribs has 18 grams of carbs
- Alice Springs Chicken Entree has 14 grams of carbs
- Caramel Mustard Glaze Pork Chops has 15 grams of carbs
Low Carb Options from the Kid’s Menu “Joey Menu”
There are no low carb deserts on the adult menu but if you want a low carb sweet treat for after your Australian inspired meal here’s a tip! You can order a desert from the kids menu. The joey menu has three low carb dessert options! Including the Kid Sundae with Chocolate Sauce and the Kids Ice Cream.
- Joey Sirloin 0 grams of carbs
- Grilled Chicken on the Barbie 0 grams of carbs
- Fresh Fruit 6 grams of carbs
- Kid Sundae No Topping 14 grams of carbs
- Add Chocolate Sauce 15 grams of carbs
- Kid Ice Cream 1 Scoop 13 grams of carbs
Low Carb Options At Outback Steakhouse Airport Menu
There aren’t many options on the airport menu that are truly low in carbohydrates. The only very low carb options are sides and add ons. So I put a few of the lower carb items in this menu for you to choose from.
- Mushroom Swiss Burger has 40 grams of carbs. If you skip the bun the burger will have only about 17 grams of carbs
- 4oz Center Cut Sirloin has 0 carbs
- Spinach and Mushroom Omlete has 33 grams of carbs
- Egg Bacon & Cheese Omlete (Mixed Cheese or Swiss Cheese) has 32 grams of carbs
- Side Item of Bacon 0 carbs
- Side Item of Egg 0 grams of carbs
- Side of Breakfast Potatoes has 30 grams of carbs
- Side of Fresh Fruit has 13 grams of carbs
Low Carb Drink Options at Outback Steakhouse
The list of drinks at Outback Steakhouse is pages and pages long. I have reviewed every single one to bring you all of the drinks (both alcoholic and not) that are under 12 grams of carbs!
- Coke Zero
- Gold Peak Coffee
- Diet Coke
- Gold Peak Tea
- Gold Pea Tea Unsweetened with Ice
Low Carb Beer
- Bud light, 12oz – 6 grams of carbs
- Bud Light, Middy – 8 grams of carbs
- Budweiser Bottle – 10 grams of carbs
- Colors Light Bottle – 5 grams of carbs
- Heineken Light – 4 grams of carbs
- Heineken 0.0 – 10 grams of carbs
- Kentucky Bourbon Barrel – <1 gram of carbs
- Kona Island Lager – 11 grams of carbs
- Michelin ULTRA Pure Gold – 3 grams carbs
- Michelle ULTRA – 3 grams carbs
- Miller Light – 3 grams carbs
- Rogue Chocolate Stout – 2 grams carbs
- Sam Adams Nitro Coffee Stout – <1 gram carbs
- Summit Saga IPA, Big Bloke – 1 gram carbs
- Surely Furious IRA – 1 gram carbs
- Westmalle Trappist Tripple – <1 gram carbs
- White Claw – 2 grams carbs
To learn more about how low carb beer is made, read the article I wrote on Bud Light Next!
Low Carb Wine (varies by location)
Any red, white, or sparkling wine will have between 4 to 7 grams of carbs depending on if the serving is a 5 ounce, 6 ounce or 9 ounce serving.
- 5 ounces of wine has 4 grams of carbs
- 6 ounces of wine has 5 grams of carbs
- 9 ounces of wine has 7 grams of carbs
Margaritas and Mojitos
- Classic Mojito with Bacardi Superior Light Rum – 15 grams of carbs
- Classic Mojito with Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum – 15 grams of carbs
- Down Under Sauza Gold Coast Rita Rocks – 9 grams of carbs
- Hawaiian Style Rita -10 grams of carbs
- Sauza Gold Coast Rita Rocks – 9 grams carbs
- Mango & Habanero Infused Margarita – 11 grams carbs
Low Carb Cocktails at Outback
- Bailey’s on the Rocks – 14 grams of carbs
- Black Cherry Mule – 5 grams of carbs
- Classic Moscow Mule – 6 grams carbs
- Classic Steakhouse Martini with Grey Goose, Absolut, Stoli, Titos or Kettle One – 0 grams carbs
- Down Under Mule – 7 grams carbs
- Espresso Infused Vodka and White Chocolate Martini – 10 grams of carbs
- Fully Loaded Bloody Mary with Absolut or Tito’s – 9 grams of carbs
- Incredible Hulk – 6 grams of carbs
- Outback Manhattan – 4 grams of carbs
- Raspberry Lemon Drop – 0 grams of carbs
- Root Beer Old Fashioned – 5 grams of carbs
- Spiked Red Bull with Absolut Mandrin – 4 grams of carbs
- Spiked Red Bull with Finlandia Raspberry Vodka – with Sugar Free Red Bull – 2 grams of carbs
- Spiked Red Bull with Kettle One (sugar free Red Bull) – 2 grams of carbs
- The Ultimate Dirty Martini – 0 grams of carbs
Is Bud Light Gluten Free?
No, Bud Light is technically not gluten free because it is fermented from barley. The fermentation process does not completely get rid of the gluten from the grain.
Even though Bud Light is a light beer. Light beers have less gluten then regular beers (usually less than 5 ppm). If you want a light beer that is gluten free try a beer brewed from not gluten grains like rice, millet, sorghum or buckwheat.
Avoid These Menu Items at Outback If You’re On Low Carb
- Sirloin 9 oz and 5oz Grilled Chicken has 747 grams of carbs!
- Steakhouse Mac and Cheese
- Aussie Fries
- Queensland Chicken and Shrimp Pasta
- Queensland Chicken Pasta
- Kingsland Sirloin and Shrimp Pasta
- The Bloomin Burger
- Chocolate tower
- Tim Tam Brownie Cake
- Thunder and Lighting
- Salted Caramel Cookie Skillet
Can You Have Outback Kookaburra Wings On Keto?
I’ve checked out other websites looking for accurate information about how many carbs are in the Kookaburra wings at Outback Steakhouse. I’ve seen some variations including the following macros which make it seem O.K. To have the Kookaburra wings on a low carb or keto diet.
- 91 grams of fat
- 9 grams of carbs
- 1 gram of fiber
- 35 grams of protein
However, I figure the best place to look is on the Outback Steakhouse website itself. So that is what I did. I’m sad to say that I don’t think you can eat more than one or two Kookaburra wings without kicking yourself out of Ketosis.
Here is the basic nutrition information for the Kookaburra Wings:
Kookaburra Wings Mild Nutrition Info
One serving of mild Kookaburra Wings has only 10 pieces. Despite only having 10 pieces per order these wings have 1780 calories, 1120 of those calories are from fat.
- 125 grams of fat
- 33 grams of saturated fat
- 3 grams of trans fat
- 370 mg of cholesterol
- 4150 grams of sodium
- 72 grams of carbs
- 90 grams of protein
- 4 grams of sugar
- 7 grams of fiber
The big kicker here is 72 grams of carbohydrates. That means that if you take away the 7 grams of fiber in you are still left with 65 grams of carbs. That will put you over the max of 50 grams of carbs per day by 15 grams.
You cannot enjoy these wings on keto!
Medium Spicy Kookaburra Wings Nutrition Info
One serving of medium Kookaburra Wings has only 10 pieces. Here is the nutrition info per each 10 piece order.
- 1740 calories
- 1170 calories from fat
- 130 grams of fat
- 35 grams of saturated fat
- 3 grams of trans fat
- 375 grams of cholesterol
- 4100 mg of sodium
- 6 grams of fiber
- 4 grams of sugar
- 90 grams of protein
- 52 grams of carbs
Since one serving of Medium Spicy Kookaburra Wings has 52 grams of carbs and 6 grams of fiber. If you subtract the fiber from the carbs we are left with 46 grams of carbs. This means that one serving has 46 grams of net carbohydrates. If you ate these wings and nothing else for the day, you would be under the keto limit.
Of course that wouldn’t be part of a healthy balanced diet. So if you want to indulge in one or two wings go for it. But best to enjoy these wings when you are not on keto or a low carb diet.
Hot Kookaburra Wings Nutrition Info – 10 pieces
Of all of the kookaburra wings on the menu at Outback Steakhouse, the spiciest ones have the most calories. Here are the nutrition facts for one 10 piece order. Let’s see how they stack up to your keto goals!
- 2170 calories
- 1580 calories from fat
- 176 grams of fat
- 44 grams of saturated fat
- 6 grams of trans fat
- 410 mg cholesterol
- 4630 mg of sodium
- 53 grams of carbs
- 7 grams of fiber
- 5 grams of sugar
- 90 grams of protien
So as you see these wings also have a high amount of carbs. The carb count clocks in at 53 grams for only 10 little pieces! Even if you figure out the net carbs which is 47 grams of carbs it’s still too high for a low carb or keto diet.
How Many Calories Are in an Outback Chicken Caesar Salad?
According to the Outback Steakhouse nutritional PDF guide an entree sized chicken Caesar salad has (1 serving) contains 19g total carbs, 11g net carbs, 14g fat, 68g protein, and 700 calories. So even though it’s high in calories the chicken Caesar salad is still low in carbs.
How Many Carbs Are in Outback Caesar Dressing?
The Caesar dressing at Outback has 7 grams of carbs per serving.
How Many Carbs Are in Outback Side Salad?
The House Side Salad at Outback Steakhouse has 16 grams of carbs. And the Strawberry side salad has 21 grams of carbs per serving.
If you’re on a gluten free diet, check out this gluten free guide to eating at Outback Steakhouse!
In this menu guide, I’highlight all the gluten-free menu items at Outback Steakhouse. I also address any common questions asked when ordering gf options off the Outback Steakhouse menu including:
- Are Outback Aussie Fries gluten free?
- Are the cheese fries at Outback Steakhouse gluten free?
- Is Outback brownies gluten free?
- Does Outback have a gluten free kitchen?
In addition I’ll include copycat recipes you can make at home.