In this menu guide, I’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Panera Bread. I will also address any common questions asked when ordering gluten free at Panera. In addition I’ll include copycat recipes you can make at home.
Panera Bread is an American chain of bakery-café fast casual restaurants with over 2,000 locations, all of which are in the United States and Canada. The company is also operating as the brand Saint Louis Bread Company in the Greater St. Louis area with over 100 locations.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you. See my Affiliate Disclosure to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
Table of Contents
- Panera Gluten-Free Menu Options
- Commonly asked questions ordering gluten-free at Panera Bread
- More commonly asked questions and answers
- Gluten-Free Panera Copycat Recipes
- Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Panera Bread
- What’s Keto at Panera?
Panera Gluten-Free Menu Options
These are all the gluten-free options I could find at Panera Bread. Note all food items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on Panera’s menu.
These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
These are all of the soups and chili options at Panera Bread that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
These soups are all made with naturally gluten-free ingredients such as corn, potatoes, and grape tomatoes.
- Vegetarian Summer Corn Chowder
- Turkey Chili with Beans
- Southwest Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Baked Potato Soup
- Vegetarian Autumn Squash Soup
- Vegetarian Creamy Tomato Soup (Customization: Order without croutons)
These are all of the salad options at Panera Bread that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
- Strawberry Poppyseed Salad with Chicken
- Greek Salad
- Greek Salad with Chicken
- Seasonal Greens Salad
- Seasonal Greens with Chicken
- Fuji Apple Salad with Chicken
- Modern Greek Salad with Quinoa
- Tomato Basil Cucumber Salad
- Green Goddess Cobb Salad with Chicken
- Southwest Chile Lime Ranch Salad with Chicken
- Caesar Salad (Customization: Order without croutons)
- Caesar Salad with Chicken (Customization: Order without croutons)
- Napa Chicken Salad (Customization: Order without almonds)
These are all the warm bowls at Panera Bread that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Mediterranean Bowl with Chicken
- Baja Bowl
These are all of the dessert options at Panera Bread that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients:
- Coconut Macaroon
- Triple Chocolate Cookie with Walnuts
- Summer Fresh Fruit Cup
Sides And Other Toppings
These are all of the other toppings/sides at Panera Bread that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients:
- Panera Bread Potato Chips
- Tomato Basil Cucumber Salad
These are all of the beverages at Panera Bread that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients:
- Coffee, Cold Brew, Tea, Lattes, Espresso Drinks & Frozen Drinks
- Signature Hot Chocolate: Order without marshmallows
- Green Passion Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie with Greek Yogurt
- Peach & Blueberry Smoothie with Almond Milk
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie with Greek Yogurt
- Strawberry Smoothie with Greek Yogurt
- Superfruit Smoothie with Greek Yogurt
- Apple Juice & Orange Juice
Commonly asked questions ordering gluten-free at Panera Bread
Are Panera Chips Gluten Free? Quick Answer: Yes. Panera kettle-cooked potato chips are perfect for the gf eater as they contain no gluten-containing ingredients and no traces of gluten.
Is Panera Tomato Soup gluten free? Quick answer: Yes, the Panera Tomato Soup is a packaged soup that is gluten free and vegetarian.
More commonly asked questions and answers
No unfortunately Panera does not have any gluten free bread. While they have a great taste, Panera breads are primarily wheat-based breads.
As long as you don’t have celiac disease, a heightened gluten sensitivity, or a wheat allergy (in which case you should check with your doctor), there are some great Panera menu options that are made with ingredients that do not contain gluten.
Featuring a mix of brown and wild rice, this Panera soup features tender diced white meat chicken simmered with celery, carrots and onions in a flavorful, creamy chicken stock with select seasonings. This gluten free warm cup of soup is made with white meat from chicken raised without antibiotics.
Yes. The description of the chicken salad is chicken raised without antibiotics, romaine, black bean and corn salsa tossed in BBQ ranch dressing, topped with frizzled onions, and drizzled with apple cider vinegar BBQ sauce.
No. The description of the quick meal is shell pasta in a blend of creamy cheese sauce and tangy white cheddar, simmered with seasoned broccoli and carrots. Serves 4. The dish is made with wheat flour.
Panera Bread’s new warm grain bowls are made without gluten-containing ingredients. So if you are on a gluten-free diet you can help yourself to whichever grain bowl you’d like.
Gluten-Free Panera Copycat Recipes
Don’t feel comfortable eating any of Panera’s gluten-free menu items because of the cross contamination risk? Or are you a gf eater that loves to cook? Check out these amazing gluten free copycat recipes that are perfect for any time of day!
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Panera Bread
Pro tips and a quick summary of Panera’s gluten-free items:
- Panera Bread has a long list of salads that can be made gluten free. So if you love salads and salad dressings Panera is a good place for a gluten-free meal.
- Panera Bread has a wide range of options of great soups that are free from gluten and wheat.
- Next time you are out to eat at Panera tell the staff you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your food items.
- The good news is that most of the beverages are gluten free. It’s a great place to get coffee, tea, cold brews, and espresso.
- The bad news is that if you have Celiac Disease or a gluten allergy, it is pretty risky to eat here due to cross-contamination!
In this menu guide, I’ll highlight all the keto menu items and other keto meals options available at Panera Bread.