I hope you are enjoying this winter weather. I have another tasty soup recipe for you. Even though this recipe is simple, it is one of my favorites. I’ve been making this Cauliflower Soup often lately. I always throw it together, impromptu, especially when I have company!
Simple, elegant and flavorful, this Cauliflower Soup is sure to impress your taste buds. It tastes great on its own, but when you add the Roasted Tomato Tapenade, it is out of this world! The tapenade features Sun dried Tomatoes, Raw Almonds, Mint, Garlic and Lemon Juice.
The distinctly different flavors of the Tapenade and the Soup dance together perfectly when placed on the same spoon. The soup is velvety in texture, rich in flavor, while the tapenade is crunchy with a sharp taste.
Writing about it doesn’t do it justice, you have to try it for yourself! You don’t need me to reiterate about how soups are good for your digestive health, since you’ve heard me tout the benefits of pureed vegetable soups before.
I can’t wait to hear what you think! This recipe doesn’t take longer than 25 minutes to make, so you have no excuses! Get cooking!
P.S. I usually like to make this soup with orange Cauliflower. The night I decided to photograph this recipe, I only had purple! White, purple and orange Cauliflower all taste exactly the same, but I just think that purple and orange are more decorative.
Simple Cauliflower Soup with Sundried Tomato TapenadePrint
- 2 Heads Cauliflower chopped
- 2 Large Sweet Onions large dice
- 1 T Unsalted Organic Butter or Olive Oil
- 6 C Water
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Melt fat in cast iron pot over medium heat. Add onions and salt. Sweat over low heat until they are soft and clear. Make sure not to brown the onions.
- Add cauliflower, saute for 10 minutes, then add water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower to a simmer and let cook partially covered for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and emulsify until smooth. While blender is on high, add butter to thicken the soup.
- Transfer back to pot and season with fresh black pepper