In this menu guide, I’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, drinks, and other gf options available at Starbucks. I will also address any common questions asked when ordering gluten free at this popular coffee chain. In addition I’ll include copycat recipes you can make at home.
IF YOU HAVE CELIAC DISEASE YOU SHOULD NOT READ ON AND AVOID EATING AT THIS ESTABLISHMENT!
Table of contents
What is gluten-free at Starbucks?
These are all the gluten-free items I could find at Starbucks. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on Starbucks menu. The Starbucks products still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so if you have celiac disease or a heightened gluten sensitivity you should proceed with extra caution.
Want to learn more ingredient information and nutrition facts about the Starbucks drinks and food products ? Check out this PDF that can be found on the Starbucks website.
Starbucks Gluten Free Menu
Firstly, these are all of the Starbucks gluten-free drinks options that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients. Note that cross contamination is possible due to toppings, crumbles, and other gluten-containing ingredients added in to drinks. Be sure to tell them you have gluten allergies, so you can confirm your drink choice is safe.
- Hot Chocolate
- White Hot Chocolate
- Steamed Apple Juice
- Cinnamon Dolce Crème
- Steamed Milk
- Vanilla Crème
- Iced Guava Passionfruit Drink
- Iced Pineapple Matcha Drink
- Star Drink
- Kiwi Starfruit Starbucks Refreshers® Beverage
- Kiwi Starfruit Lemonade Starbucks Refreshers® Beverage
- Dragon Drink
- Mango Dragonfruit Starbucks Refreshers® Beverage
- Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade Starbucks Refreshers® Beverage
- Strawberry Açaí Lemonade Starbucks Refreshers® Beverage
- Very Berry Hibiscus Lemonade Starbucks Refreshers® Beverage
- Pink Drink
- Strawberry Açaí Starbucks Refreshers® Beverage
- Very Berry Hibiscus Starbucks Refreshers® Beverage
- Starbucks Refreshers™ Blueberry Acai
- Violet Drink
- Evolution Fresh® Organic Juices
- Blended Strawberry Lemonade
- Horizon® Chocolate Organic Milk and Vanilla Milk
- Galvanina Sparkling Waters
- Spindrift Sparkling Waters
- Chai Tea Latte
- Chai Tea
- Earl Grey Tea
- London Fog Tea Latte
- Royal English Breakfast Tea
- Royal English Breakfast Tea Latte
- Emperor’s Clouds & Mist®
- Matcha Tea Latte
- Honey Citrus Mint Tea
- Jade Citrus Mint® Brewed Tea
- Mint Majesty®
- Peach Tranquility®
Hot coffee drinks
- Caffè Americano
- Blonde Roast
- Caffè Misto
- Starbucks® Dark Roast Coffee
- Pike Place® Roast
- Decaf Pike Place® Roast
- Espresso Con Panna
- Flat White
- Honey Almondmilk Flat White
- Caffè Latte
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Starbucks Reserve® Latte
- Starbucks Reserve® Hazelnut Bianco Latte
- Starbucks® Blonde Vanilla Latte
- Espresso Macchiato
- Caffè Mocha
- Starbucks Reserve® Dark Chocolate Mocha
- White Chocolate Mocha
- Various Clover Brewed Coffees
- Teavana® Sparkling Unsweetened Peach Nectarine Green Tea
- Teavana® Mango Black Tea
- Iced Guava Black Tea
- Iced Guava Black Tea Lemonade
- Iced Black Tea
- Iced Black Tea Lemonade
- Iced Royal English Breakfast Tea Latte
- Iced London Fog Tea Latte
- Iced Chai Tea Latte
- Iced Peach Green Tea
- Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade
- Iced Matcha Tea Latte
- Iced Green Tea
- Iced Green Tea Lemonade
- Iced Matcha Lemonade
- Iced Passion Tango™ Tea
- Iced Passion Tango® Tea Lemonade
Cold coffee drinks
- Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew
- Starbucks Reserve® Cold Brew
- Starbucks® Cold Brew Coffee
- Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
- Starbucks® Cold Brew Coffee with Milk
- Honey Almondmilk Nitro Cold Brew
- Starbucks Reserve® Nitro Cold Brew
- Nitro Cold Brew
- Vanilla Sweet Cream Nitro Cold Brew
- Iced Caffè Americano
- Iced Coffee
- Iced Coffee with Milk
- Iced Espresso
- Iced Shaken Espresso
- Iced Flat White
- Iced Honey Almondmilk Flat White
- Starbucks Reserve® Iced Latte
- Starbucks Reserve® Iced Hazelnut Bianco Latte
- Iced Caffè Latte
- Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Iced Starbucks® Blonde Vanilla Latte
- Iced Caffè Mocha
- Iced White Chocolate Mocha
- Starbucks Reserve® Iced Dark Chocolate Mocha
- Various Iced Clover® Brewed Coffees
Frappuccino blended beverages
Notably, many of these blended frappuccinos contain gluten/wheat ingredients, so the risk for cross contamination is high even if you get a flavor that is one of their gluten-free selections. Some flavors do not contain wheat in the ingredients, but I cannot confirm any of these to be gluten free. Furthermore, see all the important information for Starbucks Frappuccino blended beverages on their company website by clicking this link here: https://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages
Finally, these are all of the gluten-free food options at Starbucks that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients. All gluten-free food items items may have cross-contamination in the kitchen, Starbucks warns this on their site therefore be sure to so ask the staff at your local store before ordering to confirm.
- Potato, Cheddar & Chive Bakes
- Marshmallow Dream Bar
- Prosnax Gala Apples, Egg, White Cheddar Cheese, and Almonds Snack Box
- Prosnax Green Apples, Egg, Mild Cheddar Cheese, and Cashews Snack Box
- Prosnax Carrots, White Cheddar Cheese, and Almonds Snack Tray
- Chicken & Quinoa Protein Bowl with Black Beans and Greens
- Various Fruits
- Various Chips, Popcorns, and other pre-packaged snacks
- Various Beef Jerky and Cheese options
- KIND Bars
- That’s It Bars
- Siggi’s® Yogurt Cup 0% Vanilla
Commonly asked questions ordering gluten-free at Starbucks
Good news! Starbucks refreshers are as a matter of fact gluten-free. You can also substitute the water in the refreshers with lemonade if you’d prefer, and the drink will still be gluten-free. In fact, here is a list of the best gluten free refreshers.
Very Berry Hibiscus Lemonade
Mango Dragonfruit Refresher
Strawberry Açaí Refresher
Kiwi Starfruit Refresher
Yes! Plain coffee is without a doubt the best thing to order for a gluten-free beverage at Starbucks.
Unfortunately the caramel macchiato is not gluten-free. This is because of the caramel drizzle they use as a topping has gluten in it.
No! Unfortunately Starbucks does not have any gluten-free bagels. However one of their best gluten free breakfast options WAS their Gluten-Free Smoked Canadian Bacon Breakfast Sandwich. This gluten-free breakfast sandwich was first released by Starbucks in 2017 with several other vegan and gluten free food options. However it was discontinued in May 2018 due to low sales.
The bacon egg bites are made with gluten free ingredients, but there is never a 100% guarantee when it comes to cross contamination. So those with extreme gluten sensitivities should avoid ordering these.
None of their oatmeal is certified gluten-free. For this reason, the oatmeal from Starbucks may be a better option for those simply following a gluten-free diet or have a non-celiac gluten sensitivity, rather than those with celiac disease or a gluten sensitivity.
In short, their organic soy milk, coconut milk, and oat milk are gluten free.The three milks are offered at most locations.
Yes. The oat milk from Starbucks is gluten-free. They use Oatly oat milk.
While the almond milk does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients, nothing is a 100% when it comes to cross contamination. So those with extreme gluten sensitivities should avoid the almond milk.
Unfortunately the java chips contain wheat. So those eating gluten-free and specifically those have a wheat allergy should avoid ordering this drink at Starbucks.
Gluten-free starbucks copycat recipes
Don’t feel comfortable eating any of Starbucks gluten-free menu items because of the cross contamination risk? Or are you a gf eater that loves to cook? Check out these amazing gluten free copycat recipes that are perfect for any time of day!
Summary of gluten-free menu options at Starbucks
Pro tips of everything gluten free at Starbucks.
- When you order at the store, tell them you have Celiac Disease or a gluten food allergies so they take precautions with your drinks and food.
- Confirm ingredient lists as Starbucks’ menu changes often. Ask them if your drink contains wheat or gluten to be sure.
- Cool off with iced tea that will give you an energy boost that’s milder than black coffee. Ask staff to clean tongs tongs, etc. when handling your food.
- Starbucks has a lot of gluten free drinks options, but very few food options. If you’re hungry consider another place like Panera Bread