Well, you all spoke and said that you wanted this recipe on my social media outlet. So I got my S*** together to get it ready for you.
This recipe is filling and delicious!
This time of year we are all craving those heavier more grounding foods, but don’t want to deal with the implications of these comfort foods.
This dish does exactly that… delivering all of the warmth and satisfaction without the digestive lag to boot. Making it the perfect entree to put on your table for this Thanksgiving.
I hope you all enjoy it! I’ve made this twice this week already and I’m still craving it!
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Brussels Sprouts and Red Pepper SaucePrint
- 2 Small Spaghetti Squash or one large sliced in half length wise seeds scooped out
- 2 Olive oil or Safflower oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lbs Sweet Peppers
- 1 Jalapeno
- ¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 Sweet Onion small dice
- 8 oz Raw Goat manchengo Cheese grated
- 1 Tsp Unsalted Organic Butter
- 3 Cups Brussels Sprouts cleaned and quartered
- Pre-heat broiler. Coat Squash in oil, season with salt and pepper. Place cut side up on baking sheet and roast until soft on the oven’s bottom shelf (45 minutes).
- On a sheet tray broil peppers on the highest oven rack until they blister. Flip and broil 5 minutes more. Remove stems and seeds. Emulsify peppers in blender with lemon juice, sea salt, pepper, and red wine vinegar. Stir in onions.
- Lower oven to 375. In a skillet melt butter and saute Brussels Sprouts until caramelized and soft over a medium heat.
- Remove cooked squash from the oven and scoop out flesh with a fork, save skins for serving.
- Combine sprouts, squash, and cheese and fill the squash skins. Top with sauce and more grated cheese. Reheat on an oven safe platter at 250 degrees until cheese melts.