These roasted broccoli florets are so crispy and delicious. Filled with a lemony and butter flavor you’ll love how tasty they are. With only 3 ingredients and 25 minutes to make they’re perfect for week days and busy families.
How to Make Roasted Broccoli Florets with Lemon and Butter
The trick to making this broccoli crispy and flavorful is by massaging the butter and lemon into the broccoli before roasting it.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the head of broccoli into small florets. Melt the butter in the microwave or stove top. Juice 1 or 2 lemons. you can use your hand or use this lemon juicer that I like. It helps you get every ounce of juice out of the lemon without getting pits into the juice.
Step 2: Place the florets in a bowl. Pour the lemon and butter over the broccoli, season with salt and pepper. Using your hands massage the broccoli florets until they are soft and completely coated in the sauce. Arrange on a foil lined baking sheet (like this one). In a single layer. Make sure the florets don’t over lap. This will cause them to steam and get soggy.
Step 3: Place the broccoli in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes. Then, flip the florets and cook for about another 5-10 minutes. You’ll know they are done once they are golden brown around the edges.
Pro Tip: When roasting vegetables always arrange them on the pan in a single layer. This way they will cook evenly and get crispy.
How to Serve the Broccoli
Lemon and Butter Massaged Broccoli. This Roasted Broccoli is everything you could ever want: moist, crispy, bright, and buttery, yet incredibly LIGHT. It goes well with almost everything. I like to serve it along side…
- Roasted Artichokes
- Oven Baked Salmon with Peruvian Spices
- Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Manchengo and Roasted Brussels sprouts
When I was a student chef at the Natural Gourmet Institute I would make this dish for lunch almost every day, because it would pair well with virtually anything.
I never really knew what we would be cooking, but when it would be ready to taste test, I would just make sure I had my broccoli handy to fill out any cracks in my meals at school.
Since graduation, this staple has stuck with me and is almost always paired with whatever I’m eating for dinner. Not to mention, you can make an amazing raw detox soup out of the Broccoli Stems.
So nothing is ever wasted.
Broccoli is a hearty vegetable that is surprisingly easy to digest after it has been deeply massaged (to break down the cellulose) and roasted. Even my clients with the weakest constitutions can enjoy this one.
Tip: For summer, throw these babies over a bed of red oak leaf lettuce. I can’t wait to hear what you think of this one!
Happy Summer 🙂
- 1 Head Broccoli cut into equal sized florets
- 2 T Unsalted Organic Butter or Clarified Butter Ghee
- 1-2 Lemons juiced
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt the butter in a saucepan pour over broccoli along with the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Massage the broccoli vigorously with your hands until it softens and each floret is completely coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread florets out in a single layer. Roast for 20 min until broccoli begins to turn brown around the edges. Then remove from the oven and flip over each floret. Roast for another 15 min.