In this menu guide, I’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gluten free options available at Chick-fil-A. I will also address any common questions asked when ordering gluten free at Chick-fil-A. And I’ll include copycat recipes you can make at home.
Post Summary: Chick-fil-A also has separate deep fryers for gluten free menu items and non gluten free menu items. Chick-fil-A guarantees that all of the menu items listed on their gluten free menu are 100% gluten free.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you. See my Affiliate Disclosure to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
- Is Chick Fil A Gluten Free?
- What’s Gluten Free At Chick-fil-A?
- Chick Fil A Gluten Free Menu Options
- Chick Fil A’s Recommended Gluten Free Combos
- Gluten Free Copy Cat Chick A Fil Recipes
- Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade
- Are Waffle Fries at Chick-fil-A Gluten-Free?
- Are Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets Gluten Free?
Commonly Asked Questions About Chick Fil A
- Is Chick Fil A Diet Lemonade Healthy?
- Is Chick Fil A Sweet Tea Caffeinated?
- How Long Does Chick Fil A Sauce Last?
- How to Make Chick-fil-A Sauce Last Longer
- Is Chick-fil-A Actually Gluten Free?
- Is Grilled Chicken Breast at Chick-fil-A Gluten-Free?
- Does Chick-fil-A Offer A Gluten-Free Bun?
- Is Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken Healthy
- Is Chick Fil A Cauliflower Sandwich gluten free?
- More Gluten Free Menu Guides!
- More Keto Menu Guides!
- Other Gluten Free Fast Food Articles!
Is Chick Fil A Gluten Free?
While Chick-fil-A is not a 100% gluten free restaurant, they do have an extensive list of gluten-free menu items listed on their website.
Cross contamination is a valid and common concern among people with celiac disease, gluten intolerance, and IBS.
According to the Chick-fil-A website, all of the gluten free menu items are pre-packaged and sealed before they enter onsite Chick-fil-A kitchens. This is done to avoid cross contamination with other gluten containing items or work surfaces.
Chick-fil-A also has separate deep fryers for gluten free menu items and non gluten free menu items. Chick-fil-A guarantees that all of the menu items listed on their gluten free menu are guaranteed to be 100% gluten free.
What’s Gluten Free At Chick-fil-A?
There are a select list of items that are sealed before entering the Chick-fil-A restaurant kitchens to help avoid cross-contact with other items in our kitchen made with gluten.
- Gluten-free bun.
- Honest Kids Appley Ever After Organic Juice Drink
- Cinnamon Apple Sauce (Buddy Fruits)
- Simply Orange Orange Juice
- Waffle Potato Chips
Chick Fil A Gluten Free Menu Options
- All beverages served at Chick-fil-A are gluten free.
- Bacon slice
- Sausage patty
- Hash Browns
- Hash Brown Scramble Bowl w/ Grilled Filet
- Hash Brown Scramble Bowl w/ Sausage
Lunch and Dinner
- Grilled Chicken filet (no bun or sub gluten-free bun)
- Grilled Nuggets (8- or 12-count)
- Market Salad*
- Cobb Salad w/ Grilled Nuggets, Grilled Filet (cold or warm) or no chicken*
- Spicy Southwest Salad w/ Grilled Nuggets, Grilled Fillet (cold or warm) or no chicken*
Dipping Sauces and Dressings
- Barbeque Sauce
- Chick-fil-A® Sauce
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce
- Polynesian Sauce
- Zesty Buffalo Sauce
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Salsa Dressing
- Fat Free Honey Mustard Dressing
- Garden Herb Ranch Dressing
- Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Light Italian Dressing
- Zesty Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Chick Fil A’s Recommended Gluten Free Combos
If you want to multiply your order to make a meal it can be hard to figure out what combination of gluten free menu items will taste good. If you aren’t sure what to order, Chick Fil A has these recommended gluten free menu combinations for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- Sausage Patty, Hash Browns and a Greek Yogurt Parfait*
- Bacon Slice, Hash Browns and a Small Fruit Cup
- Hashbrown Scramble Bowl meal and a Fruit Cup
- 8-count Grilled Nuggets, Kale Crunch Side* and Medium Fruit Cup
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich or Club (no bun or substitute Gluten Free Bun) Filet and Waffle Potato Fries with your choice of beverage
- Market Salad* with any of our yummy-tasting salad dressings
Gluten Free Copy Cat Chick A Fil Recipes
Chick-fil-A Kale Salad (Copycat)
“This simple recipe is healthy and delicious, and can be served with almost any main dish. Try it today!” – cleaneatingkitchen.com
Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets
“Just what the kids love and the moms can feel good about giving! Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets that are healthy, homemade, and free of the top 8 allergens! Everyone can rejoice with this classic childhood dinner recipe and bring the health back to the family dinner table!” -strengthandsunshine.com
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Coleslaw
“If you loved the classic Chick-Fil-A Coleslaw, you’ve got to try this spot-on copycat recipe! It’s the perfect sweet and tangy side dish or barbecue sandwich topping!” – soccermomblog.com
Homemade Chick-Fil-A Polynesian Sauce
“If you’re craving the Polynesian sauce from Chick-Fil-A, now you can make it at home! This homemade version of the popular dipping sauce is easy to make with only 3 ingredients!” – thesoccermomblog.com
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade
“Skip the drive-thru and make this Copycat Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade for a sweet, refreshing summertime treat. A simple blend of lemon, sugar, water, ice and ice cream creates this frothy dessert shake.” – Wonkywonderful.com
Chick-fil-A Copycat Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets Recipe
“Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets are better than any fast food. You’ll never want to hit the drive-thru again once you make this copycat recipe. These chicken bites are made with simple ingredients and are Paleo, Keto, Low Carb, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Whole30 and Gluten Free.” – wonkywonderful.com
Are Waffle Fries at Chick-fil-A Gluten-Free?
If you’re a fan of the Chick-fil-A waffle fries, then you’re in luck because they’re gluten free! The waffle fries are made from pure cut potatoes and fried in canola oil. Canola oil is gluten free.
The deep fryer is where cross contamination is most likely to happen since the kitchen staff fry almost everything in that oil all day long without changing the oil.
Chick-fil-A is a responsible restaurant because they fry all of their gluten free waffle cut fries in a separate fryer from their gluten containing menu items like the fried chicken.
Are Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets Gluten Free?
Yes! The chicken nuggets at Chick-fil-A are gluten free. They are also safe against cross contamination because Chick-fil-A has separate deep fryers for gluten free menu items and non gluten free menu items.
The chicken nuggets are fried in canola oil which is naturally gluten free.
Commonly Asked Questions About Chick Fil A
The most popular restaurant chain in the United States is Chick-fil-A. So naturally the internet is buzzing with lots of questions about their menu. Here are some of the most commonly asked health related questions about Chick-fil-A.
Is Chick Fil A Diet Lemonade Healthy?
Chick-fil-A’s diet lemonade is not healthy because they use Splenda to sweeten it. On the bright side I would have to say that the lemonade from Chick-fil-A is healthier than most fast food lemonade. This is true because they make it from real lemons and not from concentrate.
Chick-fil-A lemonade also spoils quickly which means that it isn’t loaded up with tons of preservatives. Instead Chick-fil-A employees load a hopper full of lemons to be juiced in order to make the restaurant’s daily dose of lemonade.
So while the lemonade itself is healthy, the Splenda used to sweeten the diet lemonade is not.
Here are some of the associated health risks of consuming Splenda (artificial sweetener from aspartame:
- Splenda is bad for gut health since it can reduce your healthy bacteria (probiotics) by half.
- Splenda causes bloating and excess gas.
- Increased cancer risk.
Is Chick Fil A Sweet Tea Caffeinated?
The sweet tea at Chick-fil-A is caffeinated because it’s made with black tea leaves. According to the Caffeine Informer Chick-fil-A Iced Tea contains 3.88 mg of caffeine per fl oz (13.10 mg per 100 ml). A 16 fl oz cup has a total of 62 mg of caffeine.
How Long Does Chick Fil A Sauce Last?
A bottle of Chick-fil-A sauce can last for up to 90 days in the fridge. While individual packets of the sauce will only last for 7-14 days. Make sure to check the “use by” date on the package itself for the most accurate information.
How to Make Chick-fil-A Sauce Last Longer
You can make the sauce last longer by:
- Keeping it in the fridge.
- Avoid cross contamination with other kitchen items by using a clean spoon to portion the sauce out of the container.
Is Chick-fil-A Actually Gluten Free?
The menu items listed on the gluten free menu are actually gluten free. Of course there is risk of cross contamination with other menu items which could cause a reaction for someone with celiac disease.
Is Grilled Chicken Breast at Chick-fil-A Gluten-Free?
Yes, the grilled chicken breast at Chick-fil-A is gluten-free! Chick-fil-A prepares their chicken breast and gluten free chicken nuggets separately from their fried chicken which is not gluten free.
The grilled chicken does not need to be fried so cross contamination via deep frying should not concern you.
Does Chick-fil-A Offer A Gluten-Free Bun?
Looking for a gluten-free bun for your chicken sandwich at Chick-fil-A? Then you’re good to go because Chick-fil-A offers a gluten free bun that is prepared in a gluten free facility and then packaged and sealed before it’s sent to the Chick-fil-A on site kitchens.
In 2017, Chick-fil-A announced that they were adding a gluten free bun. Much to the gluten free communities delight! Apparently the resounding amount of requests for gluten free buns inspired the company to add the bun.
The gluten free bun can be ordered with any of Chick-fil-A’s sandwich offerings.
Chick-fil-A Gluten Free Bun Ingredients?
The gluten free bun at Chick-fil-A is made with quinoa, amaranth, enriched vitamins and minerals. It’s lightly sweetened with molasses and raisins.
The gluten free bun at Chick-fil-A tastes better than gluten free buns at other fast food restaurants because it is made with quinoa and amaranth flour instead of rice flour.
Most people order the gluten free bun with the Grilled Chicken Sandwich and the Grilled Chicken Deluxe Sandwich.
How Much Does The Gluten Free Bun Cost?
The gluten free bun at Chick-fil-A costs an additional $1.15.
How many calories are in the Chick-fil-A gluten-free bun?
The Chick-fil-A gluten free bun contains 150 calories.
Is Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken Healthy
In my opinion, no fast food is truly healthy. However, as far as fast food goes the grilled chicken at Chick-fil-A is a healthier option than the fried chicken.
There has been a lot of debate over whether or not the grilled chicken at Chick-fil-A is grilled or not. Some people say that it is grilled over an open flame while other people claim that it’s cooked on a George Forman type grilling machine.
One thing I can say is that the chicken is definitely not fried, making it a healthier option than the chicken nuggets or fried chicken. According to Chick-fil-A’s website the grilled chicken is marinated in lemon juice and herbs before it’s grilled.
The grilled chicken is always made from fresh (never frozen) chicken.
Lot’s of people looking for a healthier low calorie option order the grilled chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A. The grilled chicken sandwich has 320 calories. The sandwich is made from grilled chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, aioli and is served on a whole wheat bun.
You can swap out the whole wheat bun for the gluten free bun!
So if you’re looking for a healthier gluten free meal at Chick-fil-A you can order the grilled chicken sandwich on a gluten free bun.
Is Chick Fil A Cauliflower Sandwich gluten free?
Is Chick Fil A cauliflower sandwich gluten free? Quick answer: No. Chik Fil A’s cauliflower sandwich is not gluten free because the cauliflower breading contains gluten.
More Gluten Free Menu Guides!
- McDonald’s Gluten Free Menu Guide
- Starbucks Gluten Free Menu Guide
- Panda Express Gluten Free Menu Guide
- Sonic Gluten Free Menu Guide
- Subway Gluten Free Menu Guide
More Keto Menu Guides!
- What’s Keto At Mcdonald’s?
- What’s Keto At Panda Express?
- What’s Keto At The Cheesecake Factory?
- What’s Keto At Panera?
- What’s Keto At Chipotle?
Other Gluten Free Fast Food Articles!
- Is Mcdonald’s blueberry pie gluten free?
- Is Starbucks hot chocolate gluten free?
- Is Panda Express orange chicken gluten free?
- Is Panera tomato soup gluten free?
- Are Chipotle chips gluten free?
Leave a Reply