Rainbow Salad with Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
Rainbow salad with vegan green goddess dressing – bite into crunchiness and creaminess with this raw vegan salad. It’s colorful, easy to make and ultra healthy. Finally a vegan dairy free twist on an old classic- Green Goddess Dressing.
About the Rainbow Salad and Green Goddess Dressing Recipe
I’ve always loved green goddess dressing. But I’ve never been able to find a good green goddess dressing recipe! Even the name appeals to me. It sounds detoxifying and fresh! I was always disappointed when I found out that the dressing recipe had mayo in it. Finally I found away around that!
There are a few different ways to make a dairy free green goddess dressing recipe. Instead of mayo you can use avocado or tahini. For this recipe I chose to use a tahini base since it would last longer in the fridge.
It’s easy to make and blends up well in any high speed blender. I prefer my vitamix!
Check Out These Other Dressing Recipes
Check Out This Other Salad Recipe from Eating Works
In other news I have started a professional instagram for Eating Works with the help of a client of mine (not sure if she wants to be named yet)! Find and follow me at @eatingworks! .
Without further ranting, let’s get into the salad and dressing recipe at hand.
Satisfying Rainbow Salad
- For The Salad
- ½ Napa Cabbage sliced thin
- ½ Purple Cabbage sliced thin
- 3 Carrots matchstick or shredded
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 Head Broccoli sliced into bite-sized florets
- For the Dressing
- ½ C Basil fresh
- ½ C Parsley fresh
- 1 Garlic Clove
- ¼ C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 C Tahini
- 1 C Water
- 2 T Mellow White Miso Paste (regular miso paste is fine)
- S/P to taste
- For the Salad
- Boil 4 cups of salted water in a soup pot. Meanwhile, prepare vegetables by slicing with a knife or running them through a food processor.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water for 4 minutes. Remove from water with a slotted spoon.
- For the Dressing
- Combine ingredients in a high speed blender like vitamix.
- Emulsify until smooth.
- Assemble salad and enjoy with green goddess dressing.