Rainbow salad with vegan green goddess dressing – bite into crunchiness and creaminess with this raw vegan salad. It’s colorful, easy to make and ultra healthy. Finally a vegan dairy free twist on an old classic- Green Goddess Dressing.
I’ve always loved green goddess dressing. But I’ve never been able to find a good green goddess dressing recipe! Even the name appeals to me. It sounds detoxifying and fresh! I was always disappointed when I found out that the dressing recipe had mayo in it. Finally I found away around that!
There are a few different ways to make a dairy free green goddess dressing recipe. Instead of mayo you can use avocado or tahini. For this recipe I chose to use a tahini base since it would last longer in the fridge.
It’s easy to make and blends up well in any high speed blender. I prefer my vitamix!
Whats in Rainbow Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
This recipe uses a wide variety of commonly found produce. You can get the ingredients in any store. The only less common ingredient is miso paste, which can be found in the Asian section of most health food markets.
Ingredients For The Salad
- Purple Cabbage
- Napa Cabbage
- Cherry Tomatoes
Ingredients for the Dressing
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mellow White Miso Paste
Check Out These Other Dressing Recipes
Check Out This Other Salad Recipe from Eating Works
- Fall Harvest Salad
- Greek Dressing
- Raw Carapaccio with Manchengo
- Pressed Cabbage Salad
- Roasted Broccoli Salad with Corn and Microgreens
- Detox Cabbage and Carrot Salad
In other news I have started a professional instagram for Eating Works with the help of a client of mine (not sure if she wants to be named yet)! Find and follow me at @eatingworks! .
Without further ranting, let’s get into the salad and dressing recipe at hand.
Satisfying Rainbow Salad
- For The Salad
- ½ Napa Cabbage sliced thin
- ½ Purple Cabbage sliced thin
- 3 Carrots matchstick or shredded
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 Head Broccoli sliced into bite-sized florets
- For the Dressing
- ½ C Basil fresh
- ½ C Parsley fresh
- 1 Garlic Clove
- ¼ C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 C Tahini
- 1 C Water
- 2 T Mellow White Miso Paste (regular miso paste is fine)
- S/P to taste
- For the Salad
- Boil 4 cups of salted water in a soup pot. Meanwhile, prepare vegetables by slicing with a knife or running them through a food processor.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water for 4 minutes. Remove from water with a slotted spoon.
- For the Dressing
- Combine ingredients in a high speed blender like vitamix.
- Emulsify until smooth.
- Assemble salad and enjoy with green goddess dressing.